Hamer's in NorthEast CT?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampCow

Oct 7, 2010
NorthEastern CT
Anybody know where I can buy Hamer's by the bag in NE Connecticut, or Mass, RI? I'm in the corner of the state.
PrimoPelltets.com has them for 239/ton but I want to try them first.

5 bags left of the NEWP's that came with my stove so I just went to HD at lunch to buy 5 bags of Freedom Fuel to get me through til next week. What a crapshoot that is. I had to dig through a pile to find bags still intact. Some were ripped wide open and had clearly gotten wet... sawdust spilling all over the place. I don't think I will ever by bulk from HD. scary.

Hamer's are great pellets and one of my two favorites. 239/ton is a good price in CT. My dealer in Norwich has them at 259.

BT Pellet in bristol has them and they deliver

SwampCow said:
Anybody know where I can buy Hamer's by the bag in NE Connecticut, or Mass, RI? I'm in the corner of the state.
PrimoPelltets.com has them for 239/ton but I want to try them first.

5 bags left of the NEWP's that came with my stove so I just went to HD at lunch to buy 5 bags of Freedom Fuel to get me through til next week. What a crapshoot that is. I had to dig through a pile to find bags still intact. Some were ripped wide open and had clearly gotten wet... sawdust spilling all over the place. I don't think I will ever by bulk from HD. scary.

Sorry this isn't what you're asking for but...

I think Somerset Pellets are just as good as Hamer's and you can get them locally from an indoor warehouse here http://www.lppellets.com/Wood_Pellets.html Long Pond Pellets treated me right.

Yeah they're in Plainfield/Moosup area - not far from me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.