Hammers VS. Barefoots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
Been burning hammer hot ones for a few years. Just finally was able to score some barefoots. The past couple weeks temp was around 12-30 degrees. Hammers on mid burn temp was 285. Tonight, after a good clean, couldn't wait, & dumped a bag of barefoots in, temp @ 240. Hammers are the tru hot ones!I did make some adjustments, but hammers still were much hotter( in my stove) Barefoots are burning at my OMalley temps.

I also found the "Hamer's" to be hotter.

stillersnut said:
Been burning hammer hot ones for a few years. Just finally was able to score some barefoots. The past couple weeks temp was around 12-30 degrees. Hammers on mid burn temp was 285. Tonight, after a good clean, couldn't wait, & dumped a bag of barefoots in, temp @ 240. Hammers are the tru hot ones!I did make some adjustments, but hammers still were much hotter( in my stove) Barefoots are burning at my OMalley temps.

I have not found a hotter burning pellet.......Hammers are da bomb

Burning hammers now, and they are HOT. The barefoots I have are nice, but they also seem to chinker more than I would expect.

I am amazed at how little ash the Hamer's produce. 5 bags produces less ash than 1 bag of Lignetics green label. Hamer's are awesome!

Burned the remaining Lignetics up from last season and now burning Barefoots since I have over a ton of those plus a ton each of Hamer's and Oakies. No crappy pellets this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.