Hampton HI200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clearblue16

Jan 14, 2009
Seattle
hello, does anyone have experience with this wood insert? i am looking to buy one in the timberline finish.....questions.....what is the actual firebox dimensions (wood size), blower required?, timberline finish holds up ok?, heat output (i have a small 1150 square foot house)....thanks for any information!

clearblue16 said:
hello, does anyone have experience with this wood insert? i am looking to buy one in the timberline finish.....questions.....what is the actual firebox dimensions (wood size), blower required?, timberline finish holds up ok?, heat output (i have a small 1150 square foot house)....thanks for any information!

Firebox is 1.4 Cu. ft. & takes a 16" log...
While you don't NEED a blower, it'll get the heat farther into the room, before the warm air rises...If your power goes out, it'll still throw out 55K BTU...
The Timberline Brown Porcelain Enamel is a nice finish, but if you accidently bang it with a hard object - poker, shovel, rake, whatever...You WILL chip the finish. The good thing is that the brown is really dark & the cast iron substrate is not that obvious, if you DO chip it......
The area you intend to heat - 1150 sq ft is entirely possible, IF you have adequate insulation & your living space isn't broken up into a bunch of smaller rooms...
Heat doesn't like to move sideways...
HTH

good information! how is that 1.4 cubic feet layed out? 16 inches by width by height? anybody know? they don't publish that info as far as i can tell! thanks

clearblue16 said:
good information! how is that 1.4 cubic feet layed out? 16 inches by width by height? anybody know? they don't publish that info as far as i can tell! thanks

Well, it's supposed to be the height x width x depth, & the number I gave you (1.4 cu ft) is right out of the brochure..
I just measured the firebox & I get 18 x 12 x 9.375 = 2025 cu in / 1728 = 1.17 cu ft.
My guess is that they're made in Canada & it must have something to do with the exchange rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.