Hampton HI300 insert fan problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjolsen

Mar 15, 2009
Western Canada
I have a Hampton HI300 insert with a fan. It burns well, but the automatic fan never comes on unless I really burn the stove hot. I've had the retailer replace the fan twice, and adjust the sensitivity. This is getting to be a bit of a bore. I'd like to leave the fan to turn itself off at night. Does anyone else have the same problem? Is this a recurrent problem? Any tips would be most welcome.

You posted this in the wrong forum. Try reposting it in the hearth room.

Since I'm here.. I have a Hampton Insert 300.
The fan kicks on late. I just click it on manually when I feel its time. Then after 15 min. I'll flip it back to auto, and leave it. It will turn off auto.

If you search the Heath room Thread...you will see a lot of post on this.

Great Insert.

I actually just leave the fan on low all the time, unless I am going to be gone a couple days. I run it 24-7. I agree it comes on late, so I used to just turn it on, and flip it to auto like the last post, once it blew hot air. But, then I figured out it would shut off in the middle of the night, when there was still some good heat in the stove, just not enough to keep the auto sensor on. I gain a few degrees in the morning if I just keep it on.

I had a rep out early on, I never felt this unit thru the heat it was supposed to, but it is pretty. Too much money spent to flip it out now.

Good luck.

I have the same stove. The most important thing- make sure that the blower assemble is hitched to the stove frame underneath. There are little tabs that connect and hold up the assembly. Just a little extra space there causes the issue that you describe. More than a couple of people have had that same exact issue and fixed it like this.

If that doesn't solve it- then turn on the fan manually, then flip it to auto later in the burn. The brick and base of the stove have to heat through before the sensor sees the heat- this also ensures that your stove is hot before you cool it off with the fan, making sure that the wood burns efficiently and the secondary burn works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.