Hampton HI300 vs. Vermont Castings Montpelier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hatesgas

Jul 14, 2009
MA
Hey all,

Been reading the information here for a few months and finally getting ready to buy a wood stove insert. I have narrowed my search down the the Hampton HI300 or the VC Montpelier. Was wondering if anyone had any insight on which way I should go based on your experience and knowledge of these two units? I would be most appreciative on any info! Thanks!

Mark

Based on VC changing hands and recently being sold in bankrutcy for like the 2nd or 3rd time insomething like 5 years I would look at something else. I own the hampton insert and love it!

I originally looked at the VC becasue it is so nice to look at. However, I eliminated it from my options due to the endless amount of horrible reviews it has. Take a look at the manufactures ratings on this web site. It is not pretty.

I am about to make a decision myself and am considering the Jotul 450 vs 550. I will probably go with the 550 becasue it will fit and it's bigger.

Ditto on what burntime said. The HI300 is large enough to have overnight burns, adds extra heat due to extending out onto hearth, looks great, simple to use and best of all, qualifies for a tax credit in 2009/2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.