hanging out with the ladies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
nobody gets lonely here. Nobody gets any solitude either.

That amorphous mass is 1 cow dog, 1 kitty, and 3 half-grown hens. He likes to call this picture "chicks dig me"

The sheepdog is at emergency care. After figuring out the lid on the peanut butter jar, he managed to get ahold of the cow dogs medicine, take off the child proof cap, and eat 2 months worth. He was in critical condition by the time we got home probably 6 hours later. He made it through the night, and vitals are more stable, so things we are optimistic at this point. Rough night though :-/

Attachments

• chicks.jpg
    chicks.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 347
Nice pic. K !!

Prayers for the pup.

It's always something, isn't it? Best wishes for a speedy, uneventful, and relatively inexpensive recovery.

Chicks dig me needs to be framed and wall-hung. It's a great shot.

Yup, last week, while I was burying my cat, my dog got into ant poison. Hope yours pulls through. Mine did, altho not thanks to any good sense on his or my part...

Hope he pulls through. Maybe a name change will be in order when he gets home. "Lucky" should be a good one. They are just like little mischevious kids.

That's a nice family shot. You should have it framed. These moments are precious.

Sorry to hear about the pooch, hope he makes it ok.

Best wishes Kathleen. We hope that dog is okay.

Thanks for the concern. After 30 hours with the vet, he is now sleeping on my feet.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Thanks for the concern. After 30 hours with the vet, he is now sleeping on my feet.

Kathleen, that is great news.

zap

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

animal0019.gif

As it should be !! Good news !!!

We won't mention the vet bill >:-(

Glad to hear she pulled through.

pen

Good to hear! My son complains sometimes of living with a mother, sister, and female dog and cat. Your son needs a little yang around there to hang with too . . .

Great pic.....glad to hear the Pup is home

That is the best photo!!!
I am glad everything turned out ok Kat... :)

Here's to hoping the dog gets well soon . . . great pic.

HollowHill said:
Yup, last week, while I was burying my cat, my dog got into ant poison. Hope yours pulls through. Mine did, altho not thanks to any good sense on his or my part...

HH, sorry to hear about the cat. Glad the dogs OK.

I'd be flipping if it were Murph.

Phew! What were the meds? One of my dogs ate a whole jar of other dog's Rimadyl one time. Not pretty, but thank goodness he barfed most of it up. He still does this cr@p even at almost 13, he (or they, there are two criminals but the major counter surfing always seems to be when the old one is around) ate a whole tub of margarine yesterday, and while still under pancreatitis watch they got a bunch of bacon grease aluminum foil out of the lidded trash can and tore it up all over, and ate a bunch of white house rolls today.

Once he had an emergency vet issue for getting into trash with coffee grounds, and he was on a strict diet of steamed rice with chicken... the very next day he figured out how to bust into the trash in the cabinet under the sink to eat the diaper-like thing that came in the bottom of the chicken. Rrrrrrrrr. I used to do ipecac with him, but eventually gave up. Try to be more careful where I leave things but there's more than just me in the house now so no guarantees!

Status
Not open for further replies.