Happy Fathers Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Vomit

Minister of Fire
Jul 12, 2011
eastern PA
Happy Dads day to all you Dads out there.
I plan on being woken up at about 6:30 by the little ones jumping on my head and yelling at me to get up, followed by church, then some grass cutting while the rug rats make home made fathers day cards with crayons. Dads day meal on the grill, then the phone call to my Dad.
Happy Fathers day.

Reactions: ScotO
Happy Father's Day to you too, BV. Kiddos went to church with my parents, we're heading over there this afternoon for spare ribs on the BBQ and some swimming with the kids later. I'm very thankful for my dad, and for my kids. Couldn't imagine life without them!

I'm just happy the little ones let me sleep in this morning. I heard them outside my bedroom door early this morning planning their assault on me. Mama held them off while I slept in for a while. Then they breached the door and attacked.
Mayhem ensued.
I was forcibly taken downstairs and fed pancakes and bacon. I was then issued homemade cards (the best kind IMHO) and a digital indoor outdoor thermometer complete with humidity readings from home depot.
Happy Dads day

Reactions: DexterDay and ScotO
Stop working on Father's Day. It's time dads of the world united to get some respect around here.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/13161163-418/fathers-day-vs-mothers-day-do-dads-get-gypped-or-is-it-a-tie.htm

Men on average are paid 60% less on Fathers day than women are paid on Mother's Day. What a gyp!

The girls made a delicious dinner that us Dad's had to clean up afterwards, :confused: . I seem to remember making a Kick-A$$ breakfast on M-Day and buying them dinner. ;lol. The dinner of course came after the obligatory Mother's Day shopping spree. :rolleyes:

I am posting using the iPad I got for Father's Day. Maybe I'll have it figured out by Labor Day.

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
Jack Straw...you musta been a good daddy this year! That is an awesome gift! You will get the hang of it. I have the DROID a year and a half now and still don't know how to work the friggin thing. It replaces some of my words with other words....like musta it replaced with mustard....Bahstard... crazy1.gif

Reactions: ScotO
Well, I can't figure out how to post pics and I don't have smileys available.

one thing you will figure out with the ipad, there is an app for everything. I just recntly got one and love it. Learning new stuff I can do with it all the time.
One thing I learned this week is they have a remote thermostat for grilling/smoking. Gives you updates with the temp of the meat as it is cooking. How cool is that! definately going on my wish list.

The girls made a delicious dinner that us Dad's had to clean up afterwards, :confused: . I seem to remember making a Kick-A$$ breakfast on M-Day and buying them dinner. ;lol. The dinner of course came after the obligatory Mother's Day shopping spree. :rolleyes:

My mother put me in my place yesterday as I expounded (while washing the dishes) on the injustice of unequal compensation for fathers:

"You can't compare the two on a GDP basis because everyone has a mother vs the same father via multiple women. If you want to compare it by compensation for work given, a woman carries a child for 9 months, gives birth in hours if she's lucky, then has to nurse that child for anywhere from 1- 50 years. The average time it takes to be a father is 10 minutes".

To which my wife said "Yeah, if we do it twice."

Happy Father's Day.

Reactions: MasterMech
Last year on Father's Day, I went 4 wheeling on the trails with my son and grandson........not another pair of guys I would ranter spend the day with. Unfortunately, an accident almost killed me. One year later......I did the same thing and I can't tell you how much it meant to me to still be alive and with my sons! Best Fathers Day ever;ex

Status
Not open for further replies.