Happy New Years. Any other losers sitting at home attempting to be safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Just hanging out at the house, temp in the 20's and wind blowing like crazy. Cheers

Eric

Snow and 40MPH winds make it tough to see here.
We had friends that were supposed to drive up from Philly - that was canceled. We had dinner reservations close by - canceled. We were going to see some local fireworks, etc. - canceled.

But Mother Nature is putting on quite a show......and we have each other as well as food, drink, fire, internet and more.....what more is needed? Oh, a dog too.

Yes, sitting at home as usual on New Years Eve. We're about an hour bus ride from Time Square NYC. We've, maybe it is I've, though about going some day to Time Square, now I'm getting too old, too old to stand up there for hours in sub freezing temperatures and snow and wind.

The winds in north/central NJ are high, temp in the teens, and the new this year Quadrafire is doing a great job warming us as we watch an interview with President Bush on C-SPAN. Now that says something - and I'm sitting in the same person, my wife of 48 years, who voted opposite to me in the last three presidential elections. We're not commenting on what Bush said or how he said it.

Happy New Year.

High tailed it out NYC by noon, There every day, you couldn't pay me enough to stand there, back in the day you were able to bring alcohol with you, plenty of beer and food here, stove cranking, should be sound asleep by midnight.

How about setting in a hotel room in Pittsburgh? hoping my wife keeps the fire going (in the insert) when I'm out of town working. :ahhh:

In the twenties heading for the low teens with 35 mile an hour wind gusts. I am in for the night with the 30-NC providing the entertainment. Well, that and PokerStars.

Geeze, I can't even enjoy the stove. I'm house sitting for friends in Argentina for two weeks, sun and tango time for them. I get to care for six cats and five heritage chickens. The good part is, I am not on the roads with the crazies, and I will get a FRESH three egg omlette for breakfast every day. Every eaten a blue egg?????

Less than 4 hrs and counting.
Three kids running around and one in Florida.
17 degrees outside, two pellet stoves running on low and the Pacific Energy burning like a ***** ape.
72 degrees in the house.
Plenty of beer in the fridge and the wife getting the flu.
New puppy, "Pellet" going nuts. (Pics to follow, all black German Shepard)
Got to love it.

Eric

Yep, Guess I'm a loser too!!

Just hanging out with the family. At least I still have some beer left .

The snow stopped, But the wind is a howling out there(40+). The bigE is keeping use nice and warm in here.

Happy New Year to you all as well! My we all have a safe and pleasant year ahead.

jay

Yeah I am fixing to play Team Fortress 2 till 12:00.

Chinese food in front of the pellet stove. Now I am ready for a nap.

44F and foggy here. I always stay off the road on New Year's Eve. Better to be home safe than a statistic.

Jerry_NJ said:
an interview with President Bush on C-SPAN. Now that says something - and I'm sitting in the same person, my wife of 48 years, who voted opposite to me in the last three presidential elections. We're not commenting on what Bush said or how he said it.

Happy New Year.

Ha, you gotta be the last American (or anyone) watching Bush and actually listening........what a way to celebrate the New Year!
;-P
Let me guess. He said things to try and save his legacy, but he said them in his usual way with words.......
:coolsmile:
And here I thought the rest of us were losers........but watching Bush on New Years Eve wins the award......although I suppose be beats pissing in a can on Times Square in zero degree weather. Personally, my TV is staying off until 11PM. I HATE all those "best and worse things of 2008" shows!

I was taught by my loser party until you drop dad that this night was for getting trashed and staying up at least until 5 am and starting all over again by noon the next day.
I did not and do not follow his stupid footsteps and am just about to start a game of believe it or not "catolopony" with my family.
I just cleaned the stove and will have a little cheer but will not be at the IHOP in revere MA like my stupid father at 3 am trashed.
Happy new year pellet people who stay home this night. oh ya 9* with wind brrrrr in N.H.

kinsman stoves said:
Just hanging out at the house, temp in the 20’s and the pellet oaf blowing like crazy.
Eric

WOW Not good Eric not good at all.

Just got back from snowplowing some driveways.
The wind has cranked up now to approx. 30mph
and you can really feel that bite out there now.
Brother and I had some chinese food - delivered.

Called the alzheimers center where my Mom lives
to check on her since I didn't make it over to see
her today. They said she's still awake and in her
wheel chair.
Now I'm enjoying a room temp Guinness extra stout
but only one. Getting up tomorrow to go and snowplow
some more.

Yea loser here too... siting with the family

watching KU beat Minnesota.. GO Jayhawks!!!!

stoves running good 20 outside 74 inside cold captain and coke in hand....

Happy New Year everyone!!!

pelletizer said:
kinsman stoves said:
Just hanging out at the house, temp in the 20’s and the pellet oaf blowing like crazy.
Eric

WOW Not good Eric not good at all.

??????????????

Eric

Webmaster said:
Jerry_NJ said:
an interview with President Bush on C-SPAN. Now that says something - and I'm sitting in the same person, my wife of 48 years, who voted opposite to me in the last three presidential elections. We're not commenting on what Bush said or how he said it.

Happy New Year.

Ha, you gotta be the last American (or anyone) watching Bush and actually listening........what a way to celebrate the New Year!
;-P
Let me guess. He said things to try and save his legacy, but he said them in his usual way with words.......
:coolsmile:
And here I thought the rest of us were losers........but watching Bush on New Years Eve wins the award......although I suppose be beats pissing in a can on Times Square in zero degree weather. Personally, my TV is staying off until 11PM. I HATE all those "best and worse things of 2008" shows!

Spoken like a true NE Progressive (or is that Liberal?)

Talk about an example of a real loser, some of us have come to this thread more than once on New Years Eve. And, I'm not even drinking alcohol - thinking maybe a nice dish of ice cream while sitting here by the warm fire could be nice.

8 deg F wind 17 mph and going to bed at 10 pm. Going on a 300 mile round trip tomorrow. Happy New Year all you pelleteers.

-16C here, kids are asleep, better half is watching TV, and I'm on Hearth.com :) No open booze right now, but we have a bottle that I may crack open for a toast before we hit the hay.

Maybe not the most exciting New Years Eve, but we are happy. Have company coming tomorrow for dinner, then we will set off some fire works.

Happy New Year to all, may 2009 bring health and happiness.

Cheers

Kenny

Well my little one is sleeping. I just got finished cleaning out my vacuum line on my empress. So far so good. Thanks for all of your help with that by the way. Went by to see my sister earlier but I have a rule about staying off the road with the crazies on the holidays. Wife is a nurse and she is working so the dog and I are watching tv.

Be safe and happy new year.

Staying home tonite here as well.
Snow finally stopped but the winds are so cold my dogs don't even
want to go out.

Staying home with the family watching TV.
Tending the stove and my Rum & Coke!!
Warm in more ways than one!
-2 outside and a toasty 77 near the stove.

Happy New Years to All!!

End to a great year, got good health, great marriage, 4 wonderful kids ages 10,14,17,21 Life is great.
Ran my 10th marathon back in Oct. first one in over 15 years.
Cold outside with the wind blown twenties. Clean stove inside 70's.
Glad to be a part of this forum.
Have a Happy NEW YEAR
2009 will be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.