Happy St Patrick's Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
My friends are dragging me away from my books for wings and beer. We have a leprechaun crawl downtown I am definitely avoiding. My marginally Irish, extremely color blind child just came out of his room in a tan shirt exclaiming "you can't pinch me I'm wearing green!" I pinched. I haven't burned in a week. It's 63 in here. brrrrr.

Enjoy your day. Easy on the cabbage.

Happy St Patty's Day Kat....enjoy your day...you need a day off to enjoy yourself.
Nice seeing you around...missed ya.:)

(Cabbage not allowed for Mr Gamma):eek: I don't care if he is Irish or not.

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
top-o-the-mornin-to-ya ladies. I don't touch the cabbages, and I don't eat no "corned" beef.....what the heck is "corned"? there's no corn in that beef! I don't trust Irish cooking....boil it, or boil it. My mom's mom was an orphan from the Ireland...last name of Manley, county Cork. I'll be wearing purple tonite at ye olde Irish pub....just to stick out. do you stretches before you jig...that way you don't agitate the "trick knee". stay low to the ground, so when you stumble and fall, you don't have far to go.

top-o-the-mornin-to-ya ladies. I don't touch the cabbages, and I don't eat no "corned" beef.....what the heck is "corned"? there's no corn in that beef! I don't trust Irish cooking....boil it, or boil it. My mom's mom was an orphan from the Ireland...last name of Manley, county Cork. I'll be wearing purple tonite at ye olde Irish pub....just to stick out. do you stretches before you jig...that way you don't agitate the "trick knee". stay low to the ground, so when you stumble and fall, you don't have far to go.

How many cups of coffee did you have this morning Del?:D:p

May ye all have a cheery day, lads and lasses........no green beer for me but I since me 39th birthday was just this past Thursday I will DEFINITELY be gettin' me inner pirate out tonight!! Bring on ye Captain Morgan and Root Beer!!!!!!!!

Captain and root beer....thought i was the onlyone who drank that !!!

Happy St Paddy's to you all !!

only 2 cups coffee. my introduction to "the Captain" was with root beer. tonite will be the Captain and Moxie.
if you aint never heard a song called "the Moonshiner" then give a listen. Don't noone go posting a clip of anyone doing "whiskey in the Jar" either. Cant take that song anymore.

I ONLY trust Irish cooking! Not all good....but you know what youre getting! We dont put sauces and spices, etc in our food to camouflage it...its wonderful in its simplcity and wonderfulness! Got me a 9 lb corned beef brisket in the crock pot to cook while I am working, it will be ready when i get home! Then to start the ole cabbage in the water a-boiling when i get home........condiments: horseradish, so I know Im alive.

Reactions: Thistle
My buddy sent me this one. He was having kegs and eggs this morning at 8.
Eddie.jpg

Mrs Straw made us corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It was awesome! :)

Reactions: Thistle
We celebrated with our traditional St. Paddy's day fare. Chinese carryout. Cabbage. Yuck! And corning a good brisket that could have been in the smoker all day should be against the law. :rolleyes:

We celebrated with our traditional St. Paddy's day fare. Chinese carryout. Cabbage. Yuck! And corning a good brisket that could have been in the smoker all day should be against the law. :rolleyes:

I always git chicken lo mein, chicken fry rice and spring roll....and fortune cookie for Freeway....
Then I am all "swollen" in the face the next day....o_O

I always git chicken lo mein, chicken fry rice and spring roll....and fortune cookie for Freeway....
Then I am all "swollen" in the face the next day....o_O

I get the combination Lo Mein. The little brown haired girl gets the fried rice and the spring rolls. 10-4 on the swollen in the face the next day.

PICT0001.JPG

only 2 cups coffee. my introduction to "the Captain" was with root beer. tonite will be the Captain and Moxie.
if you aint never heard a song called "the Moonshiner" then give a listen. Don't noone go posting a clip of anyone doing "whiskey in the Jar" either. Cant take that song anymore.

i,m a rambler...i,m a gambler....i,m a long way from home......

Reactions: Lighting Up

From Wikipedia . . . The word corn derives from Old English, which is used to describe any small hard particles or grains.[4] In the case of "corned beef", the word refers to the coarse granular salts used to cure the beef.[3

the only problem with the picture is that i can still see some plate there...it needs to be more covered liberally with the corned beef. cabbage, and horseradish. Im guessing this is a teaser plate......

LOL nah,I've just cut back in my portion size the past couple years.But it is a 12"plate. Besides I needed to make room for plenty of Guinness during & after dinner.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.