Happy Thanksgiving Folks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I just got inside from playing ball with the dog-usually in the morning when I go out for that or for firewood I can hear the dull hum of the state highway a few miles away. All was still and quiet this morning-the plan is to take the dog swimming at the lake to tire him out since we'll be going to my mother-in-law's where there are three other dogs. Then its over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go. I'd rather be home stoking the furnace in between bites of turkey on Thanksgiving Day, but our house isn't big enough. As I right this the news is talking about how our troops in South Korea are on high alert because of North Korea's shenanigans. Let's not forget them and all those serving overseas today.

let the burning holidays begin, best time of the yr. hopefully it will get a little colder here in nj.

argus66 said:
let the burning holidays begin, best time of the yr. hopefully it will get a little colder here in nj.

It's hovering around 38 here and will likely be colder where we're headed (15 minutes from High Point)-if I remember correctly though we're due for some colder northern air tonight and tomorrow.

A lot of folks are having a wet Thanksgiving so yes, a good place to sit is by the fire. Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Bird Day to you all too!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy turkey day, hope everyone enjoys the 3 f's, family, food and football!
And a big thank you to all the people responsible for running this site!

Happy Turkey Day Hearth.com!!

Got my fat pants out and ready to do some work! Sadly this will be my last "gorging" at the dinner table for a while. I have to get my butt in shape to try out for the SWAT medic position they are creating at work in spring!! Better believe I'm gonna make it worth it!!!!

Safe burnin these next couple weeks I know the N.E. is finally starting to cool down and we're getting snow for Black Friday what fun! I'll be home and warm while they (my wife and sisters) freeze at o dark thirty waiting to shop.

Just baked two loaves of bread I had rising over night, all showered, unshaved, a load in the Summit going, and heading to my parents place for dinner.
May you all have a safe, peaceful, enjoyable Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for so many things in my life, and this site truly is one of them.
Enjoy all,
Hogz

Turkey in the over, wood in the stove, and 5 degrees out with wind chill. Perfect day to appreciate the results of all the Hearth.com wisdom y'all have bestowed, and say "thanks"! Be safe everyone, and stay warm.

I'm thankful we didn't cook today as the power went out at 7:45 am till noontime. Having a lazy day with the in laws. Raining heavily.happy thanks giving. Pete

it was snowing here for about a hour and a half then sleeting for another hour or so. pretty nasty out good for burning sucked i had to go to my lame brother in laws house with no fireplace or stove just a real lame fake gel fire place with stupid candles in it

Light snow and in the mid 30's most of the day, so I figured a nice warm fire would fit the bill. We all got stuffed on a great dinner however living room was 92 degrees. I refused to sit down because I knew the inevitable would happen...didn't want that, too much football on. I thought I was going to have to break out the air horn to revive everyone. I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and I wish the less fortunate better days ahead.

Steve

I had a Turkey flavored pot pie, that count? hahhaha!

Spent the day moving junk around outside and then rebuilt a carb on my tractor. Going to finish some drywall later on and maybe work on one of my cars. Tomorrow have to hang a people door and garage door and start some wiring.

Happy thanks giving to you to.

Gobble Gobble........
P1000685.jpg

Pretty close pic Craig. We have a flock of about 30 turkeys that live near by. We watched them grow from little chicks crossing the neighborhood roads. They have all grown since this spring and are now visiting us on a daily bases. They drink from our stream and eat some chicken feed from our backyard flock. Folks in the neighborhood feed them too so they are very used to being around people. I'll try to get a picture to post here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Hearth.com members and their families!

Finally had low twenties weather last night and got two stoves going tonight. Bring it on old man Winter!

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, of course I have some pictures.

Coming in from the woods and smelling this was well worth the wait.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2064.jpg
    100_2064.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_2066.jpg
    100_2066.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.