Harbor Freight Sale: 7-Ton Splitter and IR Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
I received their flyer yesterday, with prices good through October 31. The electric splitter is $419 (reg. $499) and the thermometer is $29 (reg. $59). In addition, there is a coupon on the front for an additional 10-20%, depending on the amount of your total purchase. The splitter would qualify for the 20% with the coupon, so it'd be $335 plus tax. Just an FYI...

I have a IR thermometer. Handy for home heating and cooling checks, auto temp checks etc. Very handy.
I have their 10 ton hydraulic jack type log splitter. Barely adiquate for small Oak.
So I think 7 tons would be disappointing for a lot of hard wood.

DanCorcoran said:
I received their flyer yesterday, with prices good through October 31. The electric splitter is $419 (reg. $499) and the thermometer is $29 (reg. $59). In addition, there is a coupon on the front for an additional 10-20%, depending on the amount of your total purchase. The splitter would qualify for the 20% with the coupon, so it'd be $335 plus tax. Just an FYI...

I like the tires on that splitter a big plus for moving it around.. The amperage rating is definitely wrong and it will draw much more current than stated..I'd say it's a good deal at that price..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.