Hard Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When I went up top to check out the hard maple thats hung up near the end of the day Sunday I found this that I cut some off last year, still alot left looks like it will be worth the effort.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0552-1.jpg
    100_0552-1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 266
Absolutely! Now that the snow is gone and the leaves are still off the undergrowth, I've been out cleaning up some dead standing and fallen branches that look decent. Most of it is hard maple with some beech mixed in. I've been harvesting some maple that looks a lot punkier than that around the edges. I'm taking home and throwing it in the stove to finish off this year. It's burning great! I'm wondering what the leftover will look like come fall, but it's worth taking the chance.

Uper, I would not worry about it keeping until fall. You probably won't notice any difference in it except a bit drier.

Zap, just keep on cutting.

Backwoods Savage said:
Uper, I would not worry about it keeping until fall. You probably won't notice any difference in it except a bit drier.

lol and keep both spliters humming!

smokinjay said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Smokin do you think I could hook up one splitter with a remote control.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Smokin do you think I could hook up one splitter with a remote control.

zap

boy I hope so zap! let me know when you get it figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.