" Hardwood Heat " AKA Hamer Hot ones in RI TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
Just spoke to Hamers ... TSC in Coventry RI have 100 ton of Hardwood Heat in stock. " Our plant or machines do not know the difference or run differently. The only thing that changes is the mill puts a roll of Hardwood Heat bags on the line and not Hamer Hot Ones " I read alot of speculation so i posted a quote from the Sales Mgr

I like Hardwood Heat. They burn very hot.

They do have two different plants and supposedly the pellet differs.

From the website...

Mt. Hope
The Mt. Hope operation uses a blend of different hardwoods to make a pellet that produces a light fluffy ash. Most of the ash easily blows out of the burn pot to help reduce clinkering.

Elkins
Our Elkins plant uses almost 100% Oak to make their pellets. These produce a heavy, gritty ash that performs best in a pellet appliance with a lot of air flow. The Elkins pellet is less that a half percent of ash year round - which some people refer to as a "ultra premium" pellet.

Be sure to use the fuel report above as well. Our site rules say no prices in the forums. But good tip/info for the RI burners.

My local TSC only has GS, Really liked the HH and burn hot in my beast!

j-takeman said:
Be sure to use the fuel report above as well. Our site rules say no prices in the forums. But good tip/info for the RI burners.

Opps Sorry Didnt know about that rule, i will go back and Edit it out

Hey, I called them this morning at 8am and they don't have any in stock, just the Lignetics. Would love to try some of these pellets if they have them.

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:

Opps Sorry Didnt know about that rule, i will go back and Edit it out

Just add it to the fuel report, He may let it slide. I was going to add what Lowes had, But I don't think anyone cares so much about Inferno's. I'd feel like a heel listing them in the fuel report. :sick:

hotdawg said:
Hey, I called them this morning at 8am and they don't have any in stock, just the Lignetics. Would love to try some of these pellets if they have them.

You called Coventry RI ? I called and they confirmed they had them, Im actually on my way out the door. If i get there and they dont i'll be pissed to say the least!

Yep. Spoke to the guy. He said only lignetics but hoping to get hardwood heat soon. Guess I'm on my way too then. Thanks for the update!

I just called again HE said we got a load in this morning... I said you got 100 ton in at a time!! he said NO while moving pallets around we found MORE.So we told that person this morning we had none but were expecting some... a load is no more then 24 ton i would think its hard to misplace 80 freaking ton! but regardless im gone

Seriously, I don't know what the heck's going on. I just called again to confirm before driving there and the LADY told me they got tons and tons but not of the Hardwood Heat! Maybe I'll ask for the manager instead this time. Stay tuned....

I live four minutes from that store. I was there on Saturday and saw the "tons" in question. I can not say whether or not they are already spoken for though. They have the Hardwood Heat, premium pellets (MWP), and Lignetics from what I could see thru the fence. One other note: they are stored outside and it's forecast to rain soon!!!

Im BACK ! They gotem i grabbed 2 ton. They adjusted the price to meet Home Depot too. Feels pretty good getting Rebagged Hamers for the same price as Infernos!!!! " pell it " walked by as i was getting loaded Was a pleasure meeting you Sir :) Least he can be proof that i am really a nutcase chasing down pellets :lol:

as for calling them i will say they arent to swift there and the forklift driver should stick to stacking shelves :)

j-takeman said:

+-
No price postings? I guess the best policy is call to find out they have what you want and then verify a price. That way you won't be surprised.

oldmountvernon said:
Im BACK ! They gotem i grabbed 2 ton. They adjusted the price to meet Home Depot too. Feels pretty good getting Rebagged Hamers for the same price as Infernos!!!! " pell it " walked by as i was getting loaded Was a pleasure meeting you Sir :) Least he can be proof that i am really a nutcase chasing down pellets :lol:

as for calling them i will say they arent to swift there and the forklift driver should stick to stacking shelves :)

11 ton in a Month!!! Seriously? ? Your back has got to be hurtin....

You make me feel much better about my "problem"! ;-P

So when you gettin another stove? That Vernon will eat some pellets, but its gonna need some help if you keep this up??

Pell it - Did he have a Mad Man Grin on his face and chuckling? While he was getting loaded? Moo Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Interseting I saw the hardwood heat at TSC in Greenfield, ma. I may pick up a ton this week.

lol Dexter i have a backhoe, pickem up drop them in the garage and move them with a pallet jack. My momma didnt raise no fool :) Thats why i buy by the ton

Burned them a couple years ago, loved them
great heat low ash

No word from pell it? Did OMV bump him off and steal his stash too???? ;-) hehe jk!!!!

Never trust a sick pig!!! OMG.

j-takeman said:
No word from pell it? Did OMV bump him off and steal his stash too???? ;-) hehe jk!!!!

i eyeballed the bags he had in his cart. when he left he spun tires, i couldnt catch him guess he knew what was on my mind ;)

one of OMV's PM's made me nervous
something about I need pellets, pellets I need
rambling.......
I became very nervous and hired security for my stash
I know he's far away but you never know

ironpony said:
one of OMV's PM's made me nervous
something about I need pellets, pellets I need
rambling.......
I became very nervous and hired security for my stash
I know he's far away but you never know

I'm gonna catch up to you buddy if i dont end up in a Asylum! I'm half way there

I grabbed a ton yesterday. Will start burning it tonight to see how they are. I'm assuming if they are Hamer's they were produced at the Mt. Hope plant since its the hardwood blends? Not much info on the bag. Ash content of <1% and fines <.5%. I guess for that price a ton, it shouldn't matter which plant.

j-takeman said:

I survived the encounter. Here is the eye candy! On the righthand side you can just make out the tail of the forklift loading up OMV.

Attachments

• IMG_2001-1.jpg
    IMG_2001-1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 363
pell it said:
j-takeman said:

I survived the encounter. Here is the eye candy! On the righthand side you can just make out the tail of the forklift loading up OMV.

Fella's better get some before OMV hords um all on ya!

Great fun meeting fellow members. Bet I know what you all talked about without even being there! PELLETS!

Wish I had more time, Liked to meet you all! ;-)

j-takeman said:
pell it said:
j-takeman said:

Fella's better get some before OMV hords um all on ya!

Great fun meeting fellow members. Bet I know what you all talked about without even being there! PELLETS!

Wish I had more time, Liked to meet you all! ;-)

If you go there let me know will give me an excuse to grab 2 more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.