Hardwood Heat Pellets? From TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Presa canario

Oct 6, 2009
Central, pa
Anyone burn these? Are they also milled under a different name?

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,956
I burned 3 bags in October and am pretty satisfied. Got them from Tractor Supply. I wouldnt buy by the tons because they have more ash and fines in the bag than my lignetics but they seem OK for the shoulder seasons of Spring and Fall when you just buy 10 or 20 bags to get you by. I'm sorry I don't know other names they come by.

I burned 4 tons of them last year, heat was good but the ash was heavy and I had to push it out of the burn pot 2 - 3 times a day plus more ash then normal. I was told that they were made by Hammer. The 4 tons I had were made in mid 2007 so they may have been sitting outside for a while very little fines in the bags.

just bought a ton of these.. i test burned 3 bags before i bought bulk and was very impressed with the heat they put out.. almost compaires to the barefoots i had last year. i have tried searching to find out who bags these for tsc but found nothing

86 toy said:
just bought a ton of these.. i test burned 3 bags before i bought bulk and was very impressed with the heat they put out.. almost compaires to the barefoots i had last year. i have tried searching to find out who bags these for tsc but found nothing

"statesman" is a "store brand" made and bagged by hamers for distribution through "southern states-agway" im sure just as the "hardwood heat" are done for tractor supply.

Hamer's.

Hamer also bags Winter Warm and Agways house brand.

Old post but will update info now that its back from the dead! :)

j-takeman said:
Hamer also bags Winter Warm and Agways house brand.
Old post but will update info now that its back from the dead! :)
Depends on where your Agway is. Around me, Agway's house brand is NEWP.

Status
Not open for further replies.