Hardwood/Softwood Blends

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deprayb

Haven't been able to find much info on people burning blended pellets. I had a sales guy from Curran stop in today and they sell a 60/40 hardwood to softwood blend pellet. He said it has been out selling their 100% softwood and 100% hardwood pellets 4 to 1. 8,150 BTUs but <1.0% ash so who knows the ash situation. I have two bags right now but waiting to burn them in a clean stove tomorrow after my hopper cleans out. Seems like they could be a good pellet with longer burns times and BTUs up there with softwood. Anyone else?

Checking the other post you had on Currans and the Twinports testing. Ash was at .5% which is pretty darned good for a Premium grade pellet.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/62211/

You are already marketing a blend with the Warm Front which is about 80/20 IIRC. But adding the Currans do give the customer's more choices. We like choices and variety. :) Heck if you can swing it get a mixed truck load and see what sells the best for you. Certain regions might differ from there survey?? This area is somewhat Hardwood headed like the cord wood burners.

I personally wouldn't mind trying some of there softwoods myself.

I believe the newest formula for Maine Woods is 65 / 35 hardwood softwood blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.