Hardy H2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mikiek

Jan 14, 2020
Bremen, OH (43107)
Hello
I have a hardy H2 and I've had it for 3-4 years now and have had all the "normal " issues with it. But now I have an issue that is driving me crazy.(short drive) I replaced the door gaskets at the start of the season and the stove worked well when it was cold out, Now that it warmer out, low 50's and high 30's at night this stove keeps going out. All the wood is still there from loading it that evening just charred like it should be I think. It still has hot coals in the clean out So just a piece of cardboard and it starts back up. The wood is seasoned and dry, oak and other Ohio hard woods.

Please any ideas I'm tired of a cold house in the morning.

Mikiek

It probably needs slightly more air leakage, it sounds like it's smothering out when the fan stops and solenoid closes. I think there's a way to make an air hole near the fan?
Be careful though, too much air can cause it to boil or creosote up.

What is your temperature differential set at. In this warmer weather we’ve had this year a 3-5 degree diff has been needed. We are back into the 20s tonight so I just loaded and set mine at 15 degrees.

been a very tough year to learn the operation of a stove.

I Read the manual and it said to remove a screw so I checked it there are 2 screw on the blower flap and one had been removed so I removed the other to increase air Its has ran perfect the last day. But it gotten cooler also
thank you for the reply

Thanks I believe it set a 180 - 185 (Stove guy set it) ( book said 170 max but I left it alone ) and the low side was like 150 - 155 I adjusted it to 160 -165 it been burning great the last 2 days but it gotten colder out.
I had a terrible learning curve when I got the stove 4 yrs ago, but learned a lot from wood to filling it to ash removal and then last year I had a pump impeller issue but old news

thanks for your reply

Mine is on at 165 and off at 175. I have not noticed any difference in capabilities staying at 175 vs 180. Big thing is to not dump water back in under 140 degrees. That can cause condensation.

I will set it at 172-175 when it gets warmer than 40 degrees during the day.