Harman 40k stove: what stove temp setting for 40lb./ day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cjweaver13

Sep 21, 2022
PA
I have a Harman Accentra fs stove 40k BTU and am trying to figure out in stove temp mode and high fan about what setting equals 1 bag/day? I know it will change depending on certain variables but looking for a ballpark if anybody has direct experience.

Not sure I see what you are trying to accomplish."Usage" per day means almost nothing, staying/keeping room warm is what is important.

Not sure I see what you are trying to accomplish."Usage" per day means almost nothing, staying/keeping room warm is what is important.

I guess I'm just trying to establish a baseline to compare against when I start just leaving in room temp mode. Right now I run it once in the morning and once at night for a few hours in stove temp mode on feedrate 4 and stove temp 3-4 and then let the house come back down to temp and maybe using 1/2 bag a day or so, but not sure if that would be pretty constant or not once temps drop and the esp probe has to regulate a bit more. Not sure if that answers your question or not...

In stove temp mode you'll use the same amount of pellets at the same setting no matter the temp outside. But your house may not be warm.

Maybe I asked the question poorly. What I should ask is: Is there a certain manual setting that burns approximately 1lb/hr, or 2lb/hr etc...?

Not that I know of, at 4 and 70f on the dials at -5f I use approx a bag a day on room temp mode, stove temp I only use for a quick burst of heat, P61A

Reactions: Mt Bob