Harman Accenra Feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I was wondering what the feed rate is for a harman accentra insert the numbers go from 0-6 and i know that it means if i have it on 4 then the auger is turning for 40 seconds and off for 20 and if it is on 2 then the auger is turning for 20 seconds and off for 40. I am trying to figure out how mand lbs of pellets are feed at each setting i know the max is 5 lbs and the least is under 1 per hour. thanks

I believe it ranges from .75lbs/hr to 5lbs/hour. I forget where i read that, but that is what pops into my head.

glenc0322 said:
I was wondering what the feed rate is for a harman accentra insert the numbers go from 0-6 and i know that it means if i have it on 4 then the auger is turning for 40 seconds and off for 20 and if it is on 2 then the auger is turning for 20 seconds and off for 40. I am trying to figure out how mand lbs of pellets are feed at each setting i know the max is 5 lbs and the least is under 1 per hour. thanks

First of all, welcome to the forum....

Secondly, you are confusing the feed rate and temp operation and pounds per hour. You can't meld these all together. Below is a link to a Harman Accentra Insert operation manual. Print it out and read it. It will help immensely.

http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/Accentra_Insert.pdf

i am just trying to figure out what the best feed rate is and temp setting to get the most out of the pellets i am using i only buy premium pellets.
I have the manuel and just wanted to know if there was a max amount of pellets that can be feed for each number on the dial i know that it will feed under 1 lb on 1 and a max of 5 lbs on 6 but not sure of the other numbers?

glenc0322 said:
i am just trying to figure out what the best feed rate is and temp setting to get the most out of the pellets i am using i only buy premium pellets.
I have the manuel and just wanted to know if there was a max amount of pellets that can be feed for each number on the dial i know that it will feed under 1 lb on 1 and a max of 5 lbs on 6 but not sure of the other numbers?

The feed rate is a maximum or "up to" number. It depends on the quality of pellet, length of pellet, etc. how many pounds per hour you will end up burning. If you are using a high btu pellet and the temperature is satisfied at what would be a #2 setting and you have it set at 4 it will only cycle for the 20 seconds because that is all that is needed.

glenc0322 said:

Welcome. Read my sig about how Harman stoves work. The dial setting is an up to value. Stove will modulate based on temperature differences. You could set the stove for a feed rate of 5 and it might never reach that feed value. If you don't want to tinker, set it at 3.5 and be done with it. That's good enough for most pellets. You won't save pellets by setting the feed rate lower, you'll just inhibit the stove from producing full heat when needed.

You should read the manual about setting the feed rate so that minimum of 1" ash is at the edge and no pellets are being pushed over the edge.

Easier way is set to 4 and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.