Harman Accentra-2 with smoke in hopper and flame rolling down right side of ignition pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHRef

Dec 12, 2010
Southern NH
Hello,

My Accentra is four years old this winter. For the first time, I noticed flames coming from above above the burn pot. Not tall, but above and a little on both sides of the heavy plate that sits on top of the burn pot..

I now also have a flame "rolling" down the right side of the burn pot almost to the ash collector pan.

Today, for the first time, I noticed after start up the pan was full of smoke, although it burned off after a few minutes.

(I should say that the Accentra stopped feeding while I was away on a business trip, so my wife didn't run it. My initial reaction was that the pellets in the hopper, many of which were twice the normal length, had caused a jam. I emptied the 40 pounds of pellets from the hopper and then scraped the accumulated carbon build up on the burn pot and was able to get the augur to run again.)

The Harman troubleshooting manual doesn't discuss this. I looked through the forum and couldn't find another thread discussing the combination of problems.

Anyone have ideas on how to correct these issues?

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.