Harman Accentra - Auto or Manual?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

movemaine

Minister of Fire
Nov 28, 2011
Central Maine
movemaine.com
I've read through the debates on here, about Auto vs Manual, but I feel it's really specific to the stove (as they each have their own burn characteristics and settings/features/etc).

So for other Harman owners, which do you prefer and why?

I run in auto in the fall and spring (Oct, Nov, April, late march) so that the stove shuts off at night and durring the day when I'm not home.

For Dec and usually March and any time it is above freezing during the day I run manual so the stove stays HOT durring the times I'm away and at night and then comes back up to temp faster and the house gets up to temp quicker.

For Jan and Feb and any day it is predicted to not hit 30 degrees for the high, I turn of the progamable Tstat and run manual all day and night because it is more difficult to raise the temp of the house when is if below 30.

Also I make judgement calls on windy days and might just run full out as the wind over 20 MPH really causes issues...

ok, so you have your's wired to a programmable thermostat? Mine is not. My installer just put a probe on the return air baffle.

I'm curious, do you just wire the probe to a thermostat to get that working?

movemaine said:
I've read through the debates on here, about Auto vs Manual, but I feel it's really specific to the stove (as they each have their own burn characteristics and settings/features/etc).

Beat to death - See this post - Search is your friend - Harman specific - https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/90061/

lbcynya said:
movemaine said:

Beat to death - See this post - Search is your friend - Harman specific - https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/90061/

Thanks! much appreciated. the post can be closed/redirected.

Status
Not open for further replies.