Harman Accentra Dead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCheese

Jan 1, 2010
Western CT
Woke up to a dead stove and a 54 deg house. The stove needed a cleaning anyway so I thought maybe a sensor was dirty, the status light was on steady. So I cleaned the stove got it ready to go and turned the dial to test, within 2 seconds all the lights on the panel were out and I could smell something that wasnt normal. Looked online and all I could find was that it could be the ignitor causing a short. I switched the ignitor to manual put in a new fuse and tried again. Turn to test lights start coming on and then bam, blown fuse again. I inspected all the wires as best I could and didnt see anything that looked bad, but who knows. Any ides, suggestions?

The stove in in its 8th season and I must say that I havent had many issues. I only replaced the feed motor once and I just replaced the gears, chain, tensioner and mounting bracket (that was expensive). Not to bad for 8 years and the only source of heat. I dont know why but something told me to buy oil this year, good thing I did.

If it is blowing fuses, try unhooking one motor at a time and powering it up. If one of them is pulling too many amps you will find it that way. Unhook them from the board side this will also tell you if there is a pinched wire.

with the molex on the board you can not unplug each part. If the ignitor did not cause it I would look at the combustion blower and auger motor. Go from there.

Eric

Well it looks like ill be buying another bag of fuses and start checking components one by one. I checked all the wiring and nothing looks bad. Ill start with the auger motor first and go fromt here. thanks for the replys, ill post my findings, hopefully tonight. Also, has anyone ever heard of the control panel just going bad?

You'll blow fewer fuses if you disconnect everything, then reconnect things one by one.

A pinched or burned wire is a prime suspect, perhaps a good visual inspection is a good place to start.

Turns out it ws the feed motor, I replaced it once 4 years ago. I opened up the gear box and the back end of the main gear shaft was coned and all the bearing were dust. The extra strain of turning the gear must have been too much for the motor. Thanks for all the advice.

Glad you found it! Thanks for the feedback, too.

Success! :)

Attachments

• Resampled_2012-01-18_18-45-34_818.jpg
    Resampled_2012-01-18_18-45-34_818.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.