Harman Accentra french user

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trefix

Dec 17, 2011
Lozere, France
Hello.

I'm a poor froggy looking for the best heating with my Accentra. I went here 'cause french fora are really depressing : “ My stove is so pretty ! â€, “ How my fire is fabulous !!! †and so on :roll: However, there's a few number of Harman stoves in France, and I'm now a “top poster†! Well...

I'm an occupier and didn't chose Harman's stove : the french dealer -COGRA- stands 7 miles from home... and makes pellets ! Since 2010/04/03 we're using this stove and I had search solutions for the more regular burning. I know that you need to learn to use your stove (and to clean it ! ), and this needs time... Eye and a good thermometer are the best measurement tools, and I'd try a lot of “micro-metrical†adjustments to find my best settings.

Now, the stove works well but it's really too strong for our 990 sq ft home (~ 7420 ft3), at 2420 feet of elevation with a cold but dry climate (3°32' E / 44°29 N). We burned 4200 pounds of pellets last winter*, for 65°F -/+1° (down, ~ 63.5 upstairs) without any other heating system...

We'll soon start building our passive-solar designed home (thanks to Edward Mazria & Russell Ball's french translation of The Passive Solar Energy Book... and Texas Instruments pocket calculator :D ) and I'm looking for low power output pellet stoves, especially without distribution blower...

Thanks a lot for all contributors and nice to read you.

Trefix

* from 10/09/15 to 11/04/30. Settings : room temp ½ / temp dial ~ 68 / auto igniter / feed adjuster 3 ¼

J'ai oublié comment à ecrire bien en francais, mais bienvenue! Ici c'est le meilleur site du web pour tous les choses du feu! :)

Le Harman c'est un bon stove et ca va function bien pour vous pendant beaucoup des ans (j'ai dit "stove"? je suis canadien francophone là! j'ai oublié le mot.). J'ai une maison presque le meme grandeur et je dois apprendre les settings qui functionne meilleur avec le plus bas utilisation des granules (encore, j'ai oublié le mot pour "settings").

Ok, I'm done butchering the french language now, but hopefully that wasn't too bad. Welcome!

Merci pour cet accueil dans ma langue, cousin ;)

Small house needs low power-output > low "Feed adjuster" setting (réglage). But then, a nice burning -hot with few pellets- needs perfect cleaning : I scrape pot once a day and clean heat exchanger and combustion fan every 15 bags (225 kg ~ 496 lb). Don't forget removing feed cover too and vacuum feeder weldment. I do after ~ 40 bags, now...

I had post photos on a french forum but you can't read the post without registering :roll:

Au revoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.