Harman Accentra FS Install - Complete!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2012
Maine
I had my "new to me" Harman Accentra FS installed last week and I wanted to share the end result with everyone. I really appreciate all the knowledge that is on this site and a big "thank you" to all of those that have shared information with me as I get acclimated to burning pellets.

The installation was done by Alternative Heat Source (Naples, Maine), who did a great job. They did a four-foot interior rise and an OAK. The exterior pipe is very minimal with a jet cap, which seems to be working just fine. Unfortunatly I couldn't get my schedule to work with the board's very own Scott Williamson, who is just a wealth of knowledge (hopefully you'll be able to help me with annual service calls when you're in the area, Scott).

I have two tons of the MWP Softwoods (SIB!) in the basement and will be adding a third ton (and maybe a fourth) of something else in the near future. My wife and I have been enjoying the heat of the new stove this week (cold and rainy in Maine). Thanks again to everyone for their support and the information shared through the site.

Attachments

• accentraresize.jpeg
    accentraresize.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 203
  • exteriorresize.jpeg
    exteriorresize.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: smoke show
Looks good and you have a great stove!

Now about the mold on the vinyl siding....

Looks good, enjoy.

enjoy the accentra!!!!...Its a great stove....

Looks great! Congratulations and let's hope for a snowy, cold winter so you can really enjoy that baby. I find it both ironic and satisfying to see your oil tank spicket in the photo of the outside exhaust set-up. I love sticking it to the oil man and I'll bet you will too.:cool:

Lookin' good!

Although each year I've burned pellets has been satisfying, the first was the most. That initial feeling that your not under wrath of the oil/propane/gas thieves was quite empowering!

Going on my 5th winter with mine, you'll love it, good luck!

Thanks, all. The stove is older (manufactured in 2002), but I think it's in good condition. I hope it doesn't crap out on me anytime soon. I looked for the dreaded "gummy stove syndrome" before installing it and all looked well. Any other suggestions on what to look for on the older Accentra's?

Dougsey: no kidding. It was a fall job that fell through the cracks. Hope to get it cleaned up before the snow fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.