Harman Accentra Insert, blown fuse, no ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bookpile

Mar 27, 2010
Southeastern PA
Last month I blew a fuse due to a short in the room temperature sensor.

Fixed the problem and now it's been running 24 hours a day since then with no issues.

Woke up this morning and it was dead. The fuse wasn't black inside from a short, it looked like it just melted through. All I could find was a 5 amp so I put it in, lit it, and went to work. Came home 12 hours later and it was still running. I shut it down and pulled it out just a few inches to put a 6 amp fuse in. After that the ignitor would not light the pellets. I have it running right now but I lit it manually.

Does anyone think it's just a coincidence? I don't mind replacing the ignitor but at $100, it's pretty expensive if it could be another problem. Does anyone think the control board could be going bad?

Thanks

Normally a blown fuse on that stove is from a shorted igniter or the wires from the igniter are shorting to the burn pot. if you check continuity across the igniter and it is open it is shot also check the wires for a burnt spot. either way you are in for a igniter

I thought it was odd, that the igniter worked once after the fuse was blown and replaced. I will trace the wires and check the igniter. Unfortunately I got called out of town on business today so it will have to wait a few days. Anyone know of the cheapest online source for an ignitor?

Thanks

igniter is a harman part. you are going to pay 90-110 and will have to get through a dealer. No aftermanket parts

Just wanted to update.

The old ignitor showed 0 ohms. I called my local dealer and he wanted $100 but he didn't have it in stock. He insisted it had to be drop shipped from the factory for another $12. I started calling around and I found a dealer about an hour from me you had them in stock for $69.95. I drove over there and he had a great showroom with all the parts and supplies I could ever need. I bought two because of the good price and he gave me 10% off yet for taking two.

New ones showed 46.9 ohms on the meter. Hopefully no more blown fuses for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.