Harman Accentra Insert Noise?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkrit

Feb 21, 2008
upstate ny
I was planning on installing a Thelin Parlour pellet stove in my house. I have previously owned 2 harman accentra freestanding stoves that I really liked, except for the fan noise. It made it hard for me to hear the tv, which it was right next to.

Now my wife and I are thinking about taking out our gas fireplace in our new home(after seeing the first months bill!!), and replacing it with the accentra insert instead. It will be in our "living room" again. With your experiences, will I be running into the same trouble again?

Thanks everyone. Im really glad I found this site. It is VERY informative!!

There is a rocker switch inside the control panel (on the stove not the control board) that will cut the voltage to the blower down, have you ever tried to switch it to the low posistion? It should be a bit quieter.....
I should add that the insert is different from the FS model... as far as maintenance......More of a pain...

I have the Harman Accentra Insert which I really like -- The only thing I don't like about it is the fan noise. I find the noise to be a little louder and higher pitched than some other blowers I have heard. The combustion blower is extremely quiet and the auger motor quiet enough. What I like about the Harman's is the blower can be adjusted separate from the flame size and I usually can turn it down to a level I am OK with, though I think that circulates less heat through the house. I have heard the Enviro Empress is very quiet, at least one board member has burned the accentra and the empress. So if there's a dealer near you maybe you should check it out.

I purchased a Harman fireplace insert pellet stove a few weeks ago (November, 2008) and have a loud humming noise coming from the blower motor, especially at the medium setting. I can live with the blower noise itself, but the humming noise is very annoying. The installer is coming today to install a new igniter which was faulty when the stove was first installed a two weeks ago. I will have him check the motor noise when he arrives and post a follow up. Also, my stove did not come with a cooling fan on one of the motors (not sure which one) which my installer said he would order. A few days ago, when I called to ask when the fan would be in, he then told me that Harman had discontinued the fan and that it was no longer necessary. I am not sure if this is so and would welcome any input. Maybe the lack of a fan on the shaft coming out of the motor is the reason for the vibration I am hearing.

tmiraglia said:
Incidentally my Accentra insert does not have a Rocker switch. I checked.

My new XXV doesnt have that switch either. but the 09 and earlier do.

stoves no longer have hi/low switch harman insert is not the quietest stove

all harmans have the ability to adjust fan speed even the new stoves can adjust with the L and H on the room or stove sensor knob

Status
Not open for further replies.