Harman Accentra insert STINKS!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAbody

Dec 9, 2010
metrowest MA
Hi All,

I have had a Harman Accentra insert for 4 years, and it's actually great. But this year after running it for a month with high quality pellets I used an older bag I had around for 2 years which had a lot of fines. After that the stove began to stink, not a smoky smell but a sweet sorta of smell, not pleasant though. I swiched back to the high quality pellets for 2 days and it still smells. The stove and chimney was cleaned well before the season and I have never had this problem before. I checked for dead critters around the stove but none to be found. I have a CO detector right next to it and it's reading zero.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be??? It almost smells like a mouse in the heat exchanger but I am sure it's not that.

Thanks in advance!

a bird down the venting or stuck on the smoke shelf?

Eric

i wonder if something fell behind the heat exchanger (which is no fun at all to get to).

I know a 3 year old that was trying to hide crayons in the vents. Good thing Daddy caught her.

Um, sorry all, thanks for your help but I am a MORON. I have a large indoor plant that flowers like once every 7 years and that was the smell, my great room is big and it was on the 2nd floor and causing the smell, my ceiling fans were pushing the smell down (like they are supposed to do with the heat!).

Status
Not open for further replies.