Harman accentra problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
its full of the black stuff its not burning right have cleaned it twice ..flame looks fine but burning black not the sandy brown color using the same pellets energex
before it was burning brown now black
and whats the switch on the inside of the stove its not on the control panel but inside where the control panel closes to it can go up or down?? any ideas

The switch enables high speed for the blower fan. Have you cleaned the flue thoroughly?

Souzafone said:
The switch enables high speed for the blower fan. Have you cleaned the flue thoroughly?
yes i have at the begining of the season
i have burned almost a ton so i didn't think that would be the cause .. i did however run the brush through it just in case but i didn't take it apart like i normally do
my stove goes out into a 90 up a foot into a 90 and a horizontal run of 2-3 feet do you think that could be it??

Is there a tee with a removable cap on the bottom?

Souzafone said:
Is there a tee with a removable cap on the bottom?

yes why?

Did you remove it when you cleaned? You can only clean out the back of the stove up to highest level of the tee if it's never been removed and happens to be full, also removing it allows a lot of daylight in, increasing visibility in the stove while cleaning,making it easier to clean around the exhaust temp probe. If the tee is full, there is nowhere for soot to settle except higher up in the flue or back into the stove. Either way it restricts airflow, which in turn effects burning. When you clean the stove without removing the tee the soot starts depositing in the air flow right away, instead of in the tee , like a trap.

Souzafone said:
Did you remove it when you cleaned? You can only clean out the back of the stove up to highest level of the tee if it's never been removed and happens to be full, also removing it allows a lot of daylight in, increasing visibility in the stove while cleaning,making it easier to clean around the exhaust temp probe. If the tee is full, there is nowhere for soot to settle except higher up in the flue or back into the stove. Either way it restricts airflow, which in turn effects burning. When you clean the stove without removing the tee the soot starts depositing in the air flow right away, instead of in the tee , like a trap.
i went through it again today and can not believe the soot build up i just cleaned this thing 2 weeks ago
but i used different tooth brushes and found that a scraper does ok but goe over everthing with the tooth brush ... cannot believe how much stuff i pulled outta there! i took apart the pipe completey no build up but thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.