Harman accrentra error code 5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lineman30

Feeling the Heat
Jul 9, 2010
Northeastern Oklahoma
I woke up this morning to my accrentra giving me an error code 5. This is my first real burn since I picked it up about 2 months ago used. I've installed a brand new ignitor. The problem is actually the feed motor. This first happened when I had it outside after cleaning and doing a test burn. The feed motor is getting bound up and not turning. You can feel it humped up but you have to manually spin the little fan on the motor and it will work. Do I have the tension too tight? What other causes could it be? All and all been really pleased with it.

Lineman30 said:
I woke up this morning to my accrentra giving me an error code 5. This is my first real burn since I picked it up about 2 months ago used. I've installed a brand new ignitor. The problem is actually the feed motor. This first happened when I had it outside after cleaning and doing a test burn. The feed motor is getting bound up and not turning. You can feel it humped up but you have to manually spin the little fan on the motor and it will work. Do I have the tension too tight? What other causes could it be? All and all been really pleased with it.

On test mode count the rotations in a 1 min. period. It should be a 4 rpm motor. Make sure the set screw on the augers shaft is tight.

Eric

Ok have to wait until this evening. It worked last evening and most of the night until 430 this morning.

if you have the tension too tight the chain will dig into the nylon bushing below and between the sprockets. that could lead to the auger binding up. check the gearbox to see if maybe the screws that hold it together are really tight. I've seen them so tight that they actually squish the gears together and make a lot of friction. If the gasket between the two gearbox halves is really squished out this may contribute to your problem.

Well, checked everything out and turned out good. I loosened the chain tensioner and it ran without problem all night. So maybe that could have been the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.