HARMAN ADVANCE PELLET STOVE QUESTION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamztoyz

Oct 27, 2008
Western New York
Hi,

I bought a used Harman Advance back around spring. When I plug it in, the test cycles works great with manual ignite and stove temp with no issues no blinks. When I put it on automatic ignite with room temperature it blinks 4 times. I was reading the manual online and found that it could be because the temperature room probe is not hooked up and therefore the stove will not work with auto ignite. Is this correct? I know when I bought the stove the guy gave me the gray wire which I guess was for the probe. In order for the auto ignite and room temp to work can I just buy a new wire? Does it have to be hooked up to a thermostat? Is there more to the temp probe than just a wire? Any idea of the cost? Any help would be great.

Adamztoyz :
The wire that comes with the stove has a temp. sensor on the end of It. It acts like a thermostat. when It Is plugged in It will sense the temperature you set on the stove and turn the stove down to low fire OR shut It down till the area the sensor Is in falls below the set temperature you selected on the stove. I lengthened mine by about 20 feet to have the probe at the other side of the room away from the stove and It work's the (NUTS). I have the stove in room temp. set at 70 deg. and as Ronco Ron says You set It and forget It. Stove turned on and off and the room It Is in was 70-72 Deg. all day yesterday and the rest of the house was 68 Deg.

New Hampshire Jim,
What did you use to lengthen the probe? I'd like to do the same thing on my Advance.
Thanks,
Harmaniac

I went to the hardware store and got a length of thermostat wire. actually any small wire will do (18 guage I think) I then ran It to where I wanted to have the probe and then I connected the red wire to the red and the white to the white added two bayonet (Female) to the end at the stove and TADA It works like a champ.I also went one step further and cut the white wire and put a programmable thermostat in line. So now If I want I can set the thermostat to turn on the stove at any given time and shut off when I want 7 days A week. Harman has a service bulletin on how to do this. I would get the stove up and running before trying the program thermostat first
Jim H
Westville NH

Status
Not open for further replies.