Harman Help! Stupid thimble in the hopper is disconnected and my stove won't start!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lightyear

Dec 24, 2010
Maryland
I "cleaned" my thimble like sensor in the Harman xxv hopper. It was recommended to clean it by the manual. I unscrewed it and then realized it was a poor choice, as the "wire" fell inside the back of the stove.

Now I need to wait for my wife to come home so I can get her to squeeze behind the stove to cram her arm up and inside the stove so I can try to reattach it.

Any words of advice?!?!?!

I can't believe the manual does not tell you to NOT UNSCREW it, or your screwed!

Sorry I cant help. Have no idea what you are talking about.

I looked at the manual and can't find what you are referring to. Can you take a screen shot of the part of the manual that is applicable?

I looked at the manual and can't find what you are referring to. Can you take a screen shot of the part of the manual that is applicable?
I'm In he hopper, on the left-hand side there is a little yellow thimble looking piece. I unscrewed it to clean it. I had to get my wife to cram in behind the stove to reach up so I could reattach it. The part is pictured on page 25 on my manual Harman XXV from about 2009.

I fixed it, but it was a MAJOR struggle

This my page 25 from about 2011. Anything on this page look familiar?

pg 25.jpg

All that swich does is tell the control the hopper lid is closed/open. No need to do anything but wipe with a damp paper towel.

I "cleaned" my thimble like sensor in the Harman xxv hopper. It was recommended to clean it by the manual. I unscrewed it and then realized it was a poor choice, as the "wire" fell inside the back of the stove.

Now I need to wait for my wife to come home so I can get her to squeeze behind the stove to cram her arm up and inside the stove so I can try to reattach it.

I can't believe the manual does not tell you to NOT UNSCREW it, or your screwed!
I did the same thing , hot glued the nut to a stick to hold it in place while I screwed it in

I did the same thing. Took a while to get it back on.