Harman Insert Gasket Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclisa81

Nov 9, 2010
Tolland County
Hi,
I need to replace the Hopper Top Gasket on our Harman Accentra Insert. Does anyone know where this can be purchased besides a dealer? The Harman dealer wants $33.00 for 5 feet. I was at Ace Hardware and found Closed Cell Sponge Rubber, but I am unsure if this is the same material. It looks and feels like what was removed from the Pellet stove, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa

Attachments

• part.jpg
    part.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 199
  • pACE3-992655dt.jpg
    pACE3-992655dt.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 170
I guess you could try it....if it doesnt work, you can always get it from the dealer.....if, after you replace it you have feeder issues (wont feed), then you know its the wrong item.......

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm just worrying about putting the wrong material on it and it melts. I know I'm probably crazy for thinking that, at least that's what my husband thinks, because the top of the stove where the gasket is, is usually just warm, not hot. I guess I'll try it, hopefully I'll save $28.00 if it works. Thanks again.

by all means, try it, it may work......just make sure there are no kinks or gaps....if air gets in, your stove likely wont feed, and a service call to find the problem and replace the gasket will likely be considerably more than $32.00. As for melting? Who knows? Im sure the weatherstripping you found likely has no heat rating on it, so you will have to just try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.