Harman insert will NOT shut off for cleaning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
My accentra insert will not shut off. I run on stove temp, feed 3 . When I try to turn it off for cleaning he "status light" does shut off when the dial is turned to off but the stove it continues to feed and blowers continue to run like it isn't turned off.
I saw a thread on this a while ago but didn't see a resolution for the problem.
Suggestions?

How long have you waited? My freestanding Accentra takes up to an hour to shut down. During the shut down process it gradually brings the stove temp down so it will continue to feed pellets for a while.

lecomte38 said:
My accentra insert will not shut off. I run on stove temp, feed 3 . When I try to turn it off for cleaning he "status light" does shut off when the dial is turned to off but the stove it continues to feed and blowers continue to run like it isn't turned off.
I saw a thread on this a while ago but didn't see a resolution for the problem.
Suggestions?

Unplug it!

good idea Sparky. Or I can just leave the feed hopper door open. the blowers continue to run but the feed shuts off.

lecomte38 said:
good idea Sparky. Or I can just leave the feed hopper door open. the blowers continue to run but the feed shuts off.

Only problem with that approach is...ashes will fly all around your room...and possibly embers if there are any left ion the burn pot.

hopper door not the front door. I talked to the stove shop that sold it to me. He said that he has seen them continue to run for up to 3 hours. As long as the status light is off the stove is in shut down mode and will continue to feed a little as it cools down. He said to try cleaning the ESP but as the esp get older they become less sensitive eventually requiring replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.