harman invincable

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
technically, it is "possible", though I highly doubt you'd want to spend the $$ to do it. You'd have to change out a pretty good chunk of the machine to get it to happen.

I agree with Delta, it is possible, just converted a p-38 to a auto light P-43 a few weeks ago. You will end up paying more than its worth. I have a manual light stove ( p-38 ) that is very similar in operation as the invincible. Once you get the hang of starting it manually it only takes 5-10 minutes at the most. Congrats on the stove though, its a very well built machine and parts are easy to get and the stove is pretty easy to clean and maintain as well.

ok ...so check it out i picked this stove up (hARMON INVINCABLE)for $ 145 they said it blows cold air took it home blew it out with compressed air started it up with the gel and seems to work ...althought i had it in test mode to get it going seems like exhaust might need extra work in cleaning what should i do to get it" up to par" they said it hasent been cleaned for several years what would a stove like this be worth working properly tested date on the tab says 1994 & the owner says hasent used it in 4 yeARs & it was with the house they bought IT 1996 AND HARDLY USED IT

getting a clicking sound from feed assy arm & spring and slide plate??

how long does this thing take to shut down when you select it to off.... i have a whitfield that shuts off pretty much in a few min

does the fire pot stay full of ashes after it shuts down??

pellets101 said:
getting a clicking sound from feed assy arm & spring and slide plate??

how long does this thing take to shut down when you select it to off.... i have a whitfield that shuts off pretty much in a few min

does the fire pot stay full of ashes after it shuts down??

click sound could be the feeder arm microswitch (if so installed, later models did not have it).
when you turn it off, the feeder starts stepping down the feed rate untill the ESP hits 230 deg or so, then it runs the exhaust fan till the esp reads @90 deg then it shuts down. Can take up to 45 mins, depending on how hot everything is when you decides to shut down.

pellets101 said:
just picked up a used harman invincable insert ...its a manual start with gel...... can this be converted to run automatic with a thermostat???

The manual states that all you need to do this is the room sensing probe!

Don2222 said:
pellets101 said:
just picked up a used harman invincable insert ...its a manual start with gel...... can this be converted to run automatic with a thermostat???

The manual states that all you need to do this is the room sensing probe!

It won't be "fully" automatic as it won't self ignite but you can use the "room temp" mode like many other Harmans to get it to run a consistent room temperature. All you will need is the probe or a thermostat.
I have had one for 14 years. It is an absolute workhorse of a stove.

how do i check the auger motor its working but im getting a loud bang from the slide plate & if i grab the auger shaft i have a good bit of play (harman invinceable insert)

pellets101 said:
how do i check the auger motor its working but im getting a loud bang from the slide plate & if i grab the auger shaft i have a good bit of play (harman invinceable insert)

Can you give us a little more detailed explanation of the bang? How often does it happen? The early Harman's are known for a loud bang when the auger cuts a pellet and that is considered normal.

there is a spring & arm that is on a cam that pushes the slide bar that drops the pellets as the slide bar moves back it almost seems like it jumps at some point during the cycle i noticed some play in the auger shaft ...thanks for any input , it happens every revolution of the cam cycle...i was wondering if it was normal because it would seem to help pellets drop but it does happen every revolution

pellets101 said:
there is a spring & arm that is on a cam that pushes the slide bar that drops the pellets as the slide bar moves back it almost seems like it jumps at some point during the cycle i noticed some play in the auger shaft ...thanks for any input , it happens every revolution of the cam cycle...i was wondering if it was normal because it would seem to help pellets drop but it does happen every revolution

That wouldn't be normal so I would continue to investigate.

might have some build up in the "fines box". YOu can open it up via the wing nut on the left hand side of the feeder body. It collects loose saw dust and if it gets full up it can make the cam arm jump when the auger is rotating.

found it! .... there is a hex head screw that you tighten down when changing the auger motor ...it was a little loose ..i pulled off the auger moter & put it back on ...presto now it works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.