Harman P Series Door Trim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
Anyone install door trim on Harman P series stoves? Looks like you have to drill holes in the door??

Anyone install door trim on Harman P series stoves? Looks like you have to drill holes in the door??

I just had my P-43 installed a few months ago with the door trim. The trim came with the stove already installed.

Yes, holes need to be drilled. My dealer did mine for me. Four holes were drilled for mine. Hope this helps some.

Another idea to dress up the door a bit would be to paint the raised "HARMAN" letters with high temp silver paint. Also, if you have the newer style door, you could paint the grooved channels that are cast into it. Probably be very difficult to do it neatly though. Growing up, we had a very old parlor style cast iron wood stove that had subtle silver paint work on it. It had a 6 pane mica window in it and a few nickel plated parts. Really nice looking stove. Anyway, it was MUCH fancier than the Harman P series and I'm not sure if the P series would lend itself to looking as good, being a more modern looking stove, but it may.

Just an idea.

Yes, holes need to be drilled. My dealer did mine for me. Four holes were drilled for mine. Hope this helps some.

yep, the kit to put the trim on actually comes witha drill bit to drill those holes as well.....the backside of the door has 4 dimples in it to indicate where the holes should be drilled

It is not hard to install. Use enclosed bit and flow directions. Drill at a low speed to avoid burning up drill bit.

Instead of drilling holes, does anyone think there is any type of high temp caulk or cement that would work if I cut off the studs??

Instead of drilling holes, does anyone think there is any type of high temp caulk or cement that would work if I cut off the studs??

Do it right. Drill the holes. Lift the door off the hinge pins & lay it on a work bench, supported high enough so you won't have to remove the handle. Gently push the gasket clear at the corners & use the dimples for your starting guides...You don't hafta worry about heating up the drill too much, because the door is cast iron (SOFT) & it'll turn to powder, rather than forming any kind of chips.

OK Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.