Harman p series question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
I know they make a pc 45 multi fuel but a dealer today told me you can burn corn in all the p series stoves.....anybody here know of this?

Hemi,

If it does it's just a mixture of corn around 50%. But It doesn't say that in P43 manual. Just .5%-1% and 3% pellets.

P=Pellet

PC=Pellet or corn

How much more is the PC45 over the P43?

Can you say no daily burnpot scrapping. Maybe once every 2 weeks. With the P-43 you will have to scrape the pot daily with bad pellets you will only get about 3 with good ones. The PC-45 has a mixer in the burn pot it does the cleaning for you. If the Harmon seems to high. Go to an Enviro dealer and look at the Omega or the M55. Both very good upper level stove for the money too. There are other multifuel stove brands available. Just need to look around. I will do some digging too!

Don't just look at one stove or one dealer, Hit them all! You will find the one for you. Both stove and dealer I mean!

Jay

jtakeman said:
Hemi,

If it does it's just a mixture of corn around 50%. But It doesn't say that in P43 manual. Just .5%-1% and 3% pellets.

P=Pellet

PC=Pellet or corn

How much more is the PC45 over the P43?

Can you say no daily burnpot scrapping. Maybe once every 2 weeks. With the P-43 you will have to scrape the pot daily with bad pellets you will only get about 3 with good ones. The PC-45 has a mixer in the burn pot it does the cleaning for you. If the Harmon seems to high. Go to an Enviro dealer and look at the Omega or the M55. Both very good upper level stove for the money too. There are other multifuel stove brands available. Just need to look around. I will do some digging too!

Don't just look at one stove or one dealer, Hit them all! You will find the one for you. Both stove and dealer I mean!

Jay
well price wise it's the diff. of 1K, so is it worth it just to be able to burn corn?......i know options are good, but pellets can goto 400/ton and i would still save a bundle compared to electric heat here in CT.

The M55 is around 3K and its a hell of a stove. Omega is more. PM pelletdude maybe he can work with you on one.

jtakeman said:
The M55 is around 3K and its a hell of a stove. Omega is more. PM pelletdude maybe he can work with you on one.
that enviro is sharp jay......that design sure does look familiar

Yes, Looks kind of like a H*rm@n. But it is far easier to run. Set draft on high. You won't need to fool with it with pellets. Just adjust the heat setting. Awesome ignitor system. Burns any pellet there and has a big ash pan for the really bad ones. Sweet stoves and built solid. There is a dealer in the Nuaggy area too!

Check the web site there are quit a few options to trick it out too!(wonder where they got that idea).

http://www.enviro.com/fireplace-products/pellet/freestanding-fireplace.html#m55

Download the brochure. I like the mirrored glass myself. But it does add a few bucks.

If you don't like tinkering to get a good burn and just want a stove that burns any pellet there is. Check this stove out!

jay

I have a friend who was a dealer for Harman stoves and due to his soon demise from cancer will be selling his supply of stoves. He has several PC45s new and in the box for 1800.00

rona said:
I have a friend who was a dealer for Harman stoves and due to his soon demise from cancer will be selling his supply of stoves. He has several PC45s new and in the box for 1800.00

Wow, Thats a very good price for that stove. Wonder how much to ship to CT????

Sorry to here about his illness. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and is family.

take care.
jay

I had a Bixby shipped from Maryland to Minn last summer and it cost 238.00 . The Bixby is a heavier stove then a Harman PC45 is so it should be close to that figure. It was picked up at a residence and delivered to a business with a loading dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.