Harman p38 In turbo flames

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayttt

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2008
poconos pa
I have a harman p38 and have now connected a thermostat which is nice
it keeps the living area pretty close to set temp, but its going into turbo mode
to do it. My flames in turbo seem to be awfully 'soft'.
if I turn the stove up to about 3/4's it will put out a great flame..no lazyness, and nice
torchlike fan of flames. when I higher the flame starts to be too LONG to stay as a sharp
flame and gets more soft on top..so that the flames that are hitting the heat exchanger tubes
are not really a stiff flame, but more a flickering soft flame.
Are other p38's doing this in turbo for them?

harmans dont have a damper

I suspect you would have to adjust the combustion fan potentiometer for the best high burn but it might affect how it burns at a lower setting. Maybe find a compromise?
I only burn my P38 at #1-4 so I can`t say for sure .

I have the blower setting all the way up...ive never used a lower blower setting :)
but I believe thats just for convection not the combustion.

Your flame/ fire is totally independent of the distribution blower. I was referring to the adjustment on the electronic circuit board.

Status
Not open for further replies.