Harman P43 High Pitch wine????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siriustock

Dec 2, 2010
Saginaw Mi.
Hi everyone

im having a problem that just started tonight. I have a Harman P43 that i getting a high pitch wine from some where on the stove?? it comes and goes and it only wines for a few seconds then goes away for a min or so. could it be a fan??? i clean my stove once a week but done do anything to the fans should i be??? i did notice the exhaust fan was full of ash so i cleaned it off but should i be oiling the fans also??? anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Go back to your post and edit the title....add the make & model stove.....you'll get more responses from Harman owners.

I've heard Harman owners complain about auger squealing, etc ... due to carbon build up on the end of the auger.

this should be easy, On my Harman p68 this has happened in the past. What I have found is that it is due to your pellets having to many fines. What to do is take out all your pellets from your hopper and vacuum out the slide plate, if you have any powdered graphite you could sprinkle around edges of plate. This should solve it, however it may squeak a bit longer after but will go away. This year is the first year mine has not, I believe because my pellets this year, energex, have a very low fine amount.

Mine starts squealing after about every ton burned. Vacuuming the fines out of the top of the slide plate always fixes it. Have never scraped the carbon out of the auger tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.