Harman P43 New Installation...kinda

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
Hi,
I joined a few days ago but I keep "hearing" that if there aren't pictures that it never happened. lol I enjoy seeing other installations and such so I took a couple pictures of my P43 installation from February of 2011. I have used the pellet stove for only 3 months and before this only used LP for heat. I had been thinking of pellet stoves for years and finally went for it back in February. The high LP prices were another motivator!

I recently found this forum and have learned more about pellet stoves in a few days than I had in a few years. As a matter of fact in one of the pics you can see some "Damp-Rid" in the stove to absorb moisture, I learned that tip here in the forum. In the other picture the air intake is disconnected to keep the humid air outside and not in the stove.

The installation was not done by me. However I have done a thorough cleaning and plan on doing the maintenance and repairs on the stove myself. I have a warranty of course so hopefully I won't have to think about anything except regular maintenance for a while. I was happy with the installation. They used drop cloths where ever they had to walk in the house. They painted the air intake and vent pipe the same color as the pellet stove.

Since February I have saved approximately $300.00 heating with pellets and not propane. And the average temp. in the house is 6 degrees higher to boot. Still so much to learn and so many questions to ask. I thought it would be appropriate to post this along with the pictures. Thanks for the help and info so far, and look forward to learning what I can.

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 352
PJPellet said:
Hi,
I joined a few days ago but I keep "hearing" that if there aren't pictures that it never happened. lol

Yeah we have some members that like to tease the new members!(hehe all in fun! We got you to post up some nice pictures of your stove and You get to show it off so we both win). :)

Looks dandy and hope you keep us posted on how it does for you.

Nice looking stove, you will be nice and toasty this coming winter.

Welcome......

Looks Great. The P-43 is Bullet Proof. Harman is one stove, that almost all will agree, is a Great stove. Great Heat, looks good, burns almost anything, and the dependability of a Harman..

Status
Not open for further replies.