Harman p61 auger settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Hi again and thanks to all for your advice. Just wondered what you more experienced Harman users set thier auger feeds at when its warmer, like now in the 40s or 30s? Also when its bitter cold out say 0 or below? I thank you in advance.

40 to 60 deg. auger at 2 during day. bump it to 3 at night. On 30 or below days/nights at 4. My home is well insulated, no drafts. Your settings may differ. Play around with the settings and find which ones work best for you. I'm running a Harman Advance and heating about 1200 sq. ft. to 70-72 deg. Burning Fireside Premium Pellets from Home Depot.

Set it and forget it, the stove will adjust the feedrate automatically in room temp mode once the the temperature in the the room is close to being satisfied. I keep my feedrate set at 4. Just think of the feedrate as a BTU limiter. The auger will run every 60 seconds, a feedrate of 1 will only ever allow the auger to run approx. 10 seconds-sit idle for 50 seconds. A setting of 2-20seconds idle 40 seconds, etc. The software will automatically lower the feedrate on a higher setting once the room temperature is being maintained. The shortest auger cycle is approx. 7 seconds, when the stove is in shutdown or turned to the off position it will revert to the 7 second cycle until the temperature drops on the exhaust sensing probe or ESP to approx. 165-180 degree range befor the auger will stop feeding fuel. The combustion blower will continue to run until the ESP senses 90 degrees before shutting off.

Thank you both. Pelletheat, how do you know all this? Would love to have more insight into how this is supposed to work, because mine is brand new and I wory that it may not be working right. probaly paranoid but would like to be sure. Thank you, Doug

Mine is set at 6.....

In the manual it recomends turning the stove mode to the highest and the feed rate to the highest and observe the ash.....

With my current pellets it dosent overfeed on 6 so I leave it there.

Ditto Pelletheat.

The great thing about the pellet stove is the theromstat controlled heat.

Set it and forget it....

pelletheat said:
Set it and forget it, the stove will adjust the feedrate automatically in room temp mode once the the temperature in the the room is close to being satisfied. I keep my feedrate set at 4. Just think of the feedrate as a BTU limiter. The auger will run every 60 seconds, a feedrate of 1 will only ever allow the auger to run approx. 10 seconds-sit idle for 50 seconds. A setting of 2-20seconds idle 40 seconds, etc. The software will automatically lower the feedrate on a higher setting once the room temperature is being maintained. The shortest auger cycle is approx. 7 seconds, when the stove is in shutdown or turned to the off position it will revert to the 7 second cycle until the temperature drops on the exhaust sensing probe or ESP to approx. 165-180 degree range befor the auger will stop feeding fuel. The combustion blower will continue to run until the ESP senses 90 degrees before shutting off.

not that I want to step on anyones toes here BUT the the feed motor will actually stop running at 260 degrees when you turn the unit to the off position. everything else seems to be right on the button! :)

Thanks for the info people. Im waiting on a reply from the dealer, and will ask you folks. Those of you that have outside air, does it have a lot of condensation on the pipe? I know hot vs cold equals condensation, but its lousy with it and it leaves a small puddle on the floor. Any advice? Thank you all.

I wrapped my outside air pipe with self-adhesive Frost King rubber pipe insulation I got at Lowes. It comes 30' to a roll and is 2" wide x 1/8" thick.

No more condensation or dripping.

Did you question the amount of moisture, and was it a lot? Did you ask the dealer if this was normal? Good idea on the insulation. Ill get some next week. Thank you

I didn't question it as I think it is normal, like a glass of ice water on a hot day.

RH in my house is 35%.

freebird, My dist. blower runs most of the time. During the day and early evening, it runs slowly... early morning 3-4 am when it's colder it ramps up. On a sunny day, it will shut off for a while if the stove goes into maintenance burn. I run it on Room Temp with the dist blower set in the middle.

This stoves ability to automatically maintain it's set temp amazes me. I extended the room sensor wire and made a small hole in the wall just above the thermostat for the oil burner. It's the perfect central location.

Attachments

• probe.JPG
    probe.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 713
In Room Temp mode with igniter on Auto, once the set point is met the stove will "idle" on a minimal burn until the room sensor calls for more heat. If the room continues to get warmer (solar gain for example) while the stove is just idling, it will stop feeding pellets and shut down.

I believe if you put the igniter switch on Manual, the stove will drop to idle and stay there until there is a call for heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.