harman p61 wall thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad356

Dec 25, 2009
north java, ny
my new stove will arrive tomorrow. im excited to get the new stove and look forward to the heat and efficiency of a harman. question i have is that i currently have a wall thermostat hooked up to my 5510. is is possible to hook this thermostat up to a p61? i like the convenice of having that thermostat for wife. all she has to do is walk over to the thermostat and bump it up or down, its really simple for her and i like it myself. it really regulates the heat nicely, espically since the thermostat is away from the stove in the other room. i think it has more control when the device telling the stove what heat setting to run at is not in the same room as the stove. how difficult is it too hook up a regular thermostat to a harman and not the thermister that is included with the stove?

ad356 said:
my new stove will arrive tomorrow. im excited to get the new stove and look forward to the heat and efficiency of a harman. question i have is that i currently have a wall thermostat hooked up to my 5510. is is possible to hook this thermostat up to a p61? i like the convenice of having that thermostat for wife. all she has to do is walk over to the thermostat and bump it up or down, its really simple for her and i like it myself. it really regulates the heat nicely, espically since the thermostat is away from the stove in the other room. i think it has more control when the device telling the stove what heat setting to run at is not in the same room as the stove. how difficult is it too hook up a regular thermostat to a harman and not the thermister that is included with the stove?

See my signature. Basically, you need a battery operated, milivolt compatable thermostat. You'll use the thermostat to open/close 1 leg of the thermister wire (you'll need to splice into that wire) while in room temp mode. When the thermostat is open, the stove will go into 4 blink status and drop to maintenance burn until the thermostat closes and calls for heat. Set room temp dial to 80 and let your thermostat override it.

Status
Not open for further replies.