Harman P61A 5 Blink Error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camber2

Dec 3, 2010
Maine
I've been running this stove without major problems for 5 years since I purchased it new. The past few days I have been getting the 5 blink error. It has gotten a major cleaning in the past few days and that hasn't helped. I bought a new brand of pellets and they have turned out to be pretty rotten. It's getting pretty cold here and I'd really like to to start working again.

"5 Blinks (In Igniter Auto. Mode Only): Indicates that
the unit has failed to light within the 36 minute start
cycle. To reset - Turn Mode Selector to "OFF", then turn
to either mode again."

If this don't do it, your igniter may be on the way out... if you're getting it after the fire is lit and established, then the esp probe is on the way out. I'm banking on the igniter.

camber2 said:
....It has gotten a major cleaning in the past few days and that hasn't helped. I bought a new brand of pellets and they have turned out to be pretty rotten......

Did the "rotten" pellets ignite at all? If so, did you try buying a different brand of "good" pellets to try?

If not, I agree w/ summit.

I had (have) the same problem. I noticed that whenever it was blinking it was because my igniter bin was full of crap that needed to be vacuumed out.

only other blink errors i got was when i would come home and the stove would be off and of course the burn pot would be empty. i figured this to be either 1 the bolt i found in the burn pot one time and the other 5 times i just chocked it up to how my longer pellets sometimes get bound above the auger and don't feed down inside. i stir em up with my hand and every time turning the stove off and on fixes it.

Is the burn pot full of pellets when you open it up? If it's not then I suspect your ESP is dirty.

If the ESP is dirty the pellets will ignite, but the ESP won't sense any heat and it will stop feeding pellets, shut the stove off and give the 5 blink error.

Status
Not open for further replies.