Harman P61A stopped feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason E

Jan 29, 2009
Southampton, MA
A few nights ago, my Harman simply stopped feeding pellets. All was well...and then it just stopped. I put it in test mode the following morning, and the distribution and combustion LEDs come on, and the distribution blower will blow. However, the feed and igniter lights will not come on.

Is it possible something is stuck in the venting, which seems to be my usual problem with this thing? I've never had it not feed before. Or, is it possible the auger motor is dead? Thanks to anyone who can help.

You mention that the combustion LED comes on but does the combustion fan motor run? The combustion motor has to run which closes the N.O. contacts on the vac switch which will allow the auger and igniter to be powered. Also, the hopper lid switch can stop the auger from being powered.

Yep, definitely sounds like the vacuum switch or the hopper lid switch is fighting with you.

A blocked vent can cause the vacuum switch to open. But a faulty switch could also be the cause. Verify that your venting system is clean and that your combustion blower is operating normally.

clean it and all the venting.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.