Harman P68 igniter replaced, still not igniting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dudley14

Mar 9, 2019
Indiana
Looking for troubleshooting tips on a P68 igniter

Replaced the igniter this evening but still not getting a flame. Used a multimeter to test the igniter and it is good. The stove has been cleaned & I’ve checked the gaskets with the dollar bill test and they are good. At start up, the igniter indicator is a very faint red—I’m assuming this glow is from the lights above it. No heat in the pot.

The igniter I replaced was working off and on, it took about a week to finally quit 100%. My thought now is I have an issue with my circuit board, does this seem right? What else can I check before buying a board?

Using a multimeter you could check the power coming from the board and see if it is 120vac

also check the igniter wires for damage (melted or pinched)