Harman P68 not igniting!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
Hi All,
2nd year with the P68. Noticed one morning this week that my stove wouldn't ignite. The auger kept feeding pellets in, until my whole burnpot was filled. Burnpot feels hot. Stove ignited yesterday. This morning, it did not ignite. I cleaned the burnpot and stuck a pin through each hole. None were clogged. Took wingnuts off ignitor cover...wires seemed to be all set. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Marina

PS. I am not technologically inclined, but I will try to answer your questions if you can help!

Since the burnpot was hot I would say ignitor is ok.
There may be some ash insulating the ignitor from the burnpot though.
Give the burnpot a couple of taps with the scraper tool to dislodge the ash, and then clean out under the burnpot.

while you have the wing nuts and plate off clean / vac the ashes out of the inside of burn pot assembly. this has been the issue any time my p61 randomly does not start.

Thanks! Tried what you said (both of you) and it worked!!
GREAT!
Marina

Same thing on my Harman Accentra...I clean that area under the burn pot every week and the burn pot starts with very few pellets and ignites a lot quicker when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.