Harman PB105 Water Capacity?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooper

Aug 2, 2008
Northern Maine
I'm helping my heating tech install my PB105 and the existing in series oil boiler has glycol in it. We heard back from Harman that glycol is OK with the boiler but now we need to go buy X gallons to fill the PB105. I searched the web and Harman site for an hour and NOWHERE can this boiler water capacity be found. Harman's customer service told the local dealer it's 50 gallons. I look inside the boiler and seriously doubt it holds 50 gallons. Anyone know the answer?

Hooper said:
I'm helping my heating tech install my PB105 and the existing in series oil boiler has glycol in it. We heard back from Harman that glycol is OK with the boiler but now we need to go buy X gallons to fill the PB105. I searched the web and Harman site for an hour and NOWHERE can this boiler water capacity be found. Harman's customer service told the local dealer it's 50 gallons. I look inside the boiler and seriously doubt it holds 50 gallons. Anyone know the answer?

i thought it was 30 gal....

Thanks. Looks more like a 30 gal than a 50 gal to me when I stick me head inside.

I just got an email back from Harman's Customer Service that states:
"Thank you for your inquiry

The capacity of this unit is 30 Gallons.

Customer Service & Support"

I'm not sure why my dealer got 50 gallons for an answer when she contacted Harman on the dealer line but I'll let them know it's 30 (after I fill the boiler to verify). I also requested that Harman publish this spec in marketing and installation material and their website because I don't think I'm the only guy (hopefully) that's using glycol in a PB105.

Status
Not open for further replies.