harman pellet pro II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any one tell me if one of these is worth $500.00 and are most the parts interchangeable with current harmans. Also any other info or horror stories would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: huggmeister
the Pellet Pro II has been out of production for quite some time.......well over a decade? $500? well, if its working well, no problems, MAYBE, but that is probably a top limit....as for interchangeability of parts, no. You will find that circuitboards (there is two in each unit), will probably run you more than the $500 the stove cost! The gearmotor is still used in stoves to this day (3-20-60906), so, its readily available, but the combustion blower is no longer used, in fact MANY parts are no longer used, would need to be special ordered from a dealer, and would most likely be somewhat pricey.......

My kneejerk on this is to stay away from it, even at $500.

My advise for test stoves would be an Englander, Heatilator, Whitfield, Breckwell, and a Harman. Thos are the "basic" designs of pellet stoves out there. If I missed one please throw it in there.

Eric

you may not want the Pellet Pro II to use as a functioning stove, but as a conversation piece it would be excellent. "Well kids, back in the day, before iPODS, we had these".

Reactions: huggmeister
Status
Not open for further replies.