Harman Pellet Pro II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron03037

Oct 1, 2012
Has anyone changed to a newer circuit board. Mine got a bit crispy and they don't make them anymore.

Has anyone changed to a newer circuit board. Mine got a bit crispy and they don't make them anymore.

I have the same problem. We just bought the stove & the circuit board/control panel fried yesterday morning. Both the motherboard & daughterboard (enhancement board). Did you find any solution to the problem? Please email me at [email protected].

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum Ron and Joanne.

Hopefully I'm not out of line or stepping on the mods toes for saying this but please post any findings here on the forum. I'm not saying not to correspond through email as well but you came to this forum looking for information. No one bites (hard) and the whole point is to help each other out and add to the incredible wealth of info here.

You may become a forum addict!

Don't be skeerd ;)

No worries P38X2... I just posted my contact info as I'm desperate to get this thing going again & the parts. Here's what Ron had responded...

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, Nov 8, 2012 6:14 pm
Subject: Info on Pellet Pro

Hope you didn't pay much for the stove. I picked mine up for a couple hundred as a project. I replaced just about everything and got a great year out of it. but this year the circuit boards fried and of course you know you cant replace them anymore. I ordered a repair board kit for the P38 with wiring, board, and face plate. but have not gotten to the project yet. I had checked into lots of different stoves and found one from Ardisam that I think is a great stove for the money. I was able to pick one up new at Ocean State Job Lots for around 1799.00 if you want to get a great stove for a good price I think this is the best. I will get to working on the harman and I am sure I will get it going again. and let you know how I make out. I hope this information is of help. Ron in NH

Well, you didn't have to post the exact email. Lol. Now yer definitely gonna get me in trouble with the Mods ;)

I know very little about electronics and nothing about that stove. Have you tried bringing it to a competent electronics repair person? Maybe it's an easy fix....although the word "fried" usually means big problems.

Good luck and hope you get that classic back up and running.

PS- Remember, if you ever need service, Ocean State isn't going to help you. A good reliable dealer is virtually indispensable. Hang out here for a while and you're sure to gain tons of knowledge.

Hopefully the Englander guys will chime in. If you end up in the market for an inexpensive stove, those are very good. Or just get yerself a nice new Harman :)

Status
Not open for further replies.