Harman pf100 flame flickering

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veetek

Nov 2, 2010
ct
Hi , I was wondering if any of you had the same issue ? The flame is always flickering, could it be due to the not so clean vent pipe ?

also I have noticed that when the blower goes on there is a lot of warm air coming from around the firebox , shouldnt it be going thru the duct instead ? :)

Thank you for your help.

flame will vary a bit, if its getting lazy and very orange you may need a clean. You will get some heatedair out from around the unit (especially the door area), thats normal, and good.

thanks for the answer , do you happen to know how the draft screw should be set up ? i dont have an equipment to measure all the stuff is there like a "safe" settings or so ? Second question is - is the combustion blower suppose to change its operating speed once in a while ?

combustion blower does change speed based on the computer driven feed setting. draft screw should remain untouched, but can be turned ccw (for a 16w drop in blower peak) or cw (for a 16w increase in blower peak.)

mu combustion blower does not change. And, it doesn't shut off at all. I will have to clean it this summer, turn it on and see if it will shut off. If not, time for a service call.

I shouldn't care about it as I use manual mode and keep it on 24x7 but I would feel better knowing it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.