Harman PF100 flame guide insulator question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veetek

Nov 2, 2010
ct
Hi guys,

I was cleaning my furnance the other day and while I was scraping the burnpot I decided to scrape some stuff off the top of the burnpot and it appeard to be a white looking material , now I have approximately 1/4" gap in between the burnpot and a firebrick , is that normal or did I damage anything ?

Funny stuff. Did the same thing the first time i cleaned mine . Been running fine all winter, I don't think it will cause any problems. Course I am no tech, just my experience.

FYIl...Make sure that you keep the probe clean, can cause some mysterious problems
if unit goes out and trouble starting. Need to be clean, just rub with a rag, will come clean.
Learn from my experience.!!

I did the same thing when scraping my burn pot. Gouged a pretty good groove out of it. It didn't seem to hurt anything but the next time the dealer service tech was here I asked him to take a look. He said that would not bother anything. So far it hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.