Harman pf100 thermostat mod ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veetek

Nov 2, 2010
ct
Hi ,

Is there a way to hook up a programmable tstat to your harman pf100 furnace ?
(i dont like the idea of putting a tstat in between one of the wires that are going from the standard tstat to the furnace I'm looking for a complete replacement or a retrofit.)

Are the any other tstats that actully work with that furnace ?

Thank you.

i do not believe there is a way to completely replace the thermostat that comes with the unit. Splicing one in is your only option as far as i know.

Of all the conversations about the PF100, I have not heard of anybody hooking up a programmable thermostat.
I use the thermostat as is.
Once I start the PF100 in automatic, I switch over to manual. This acts like a pilot. Needs heat, it adds pellets and
heats up and on with the fan. If too hot in the house, just turn the thermostat down. Works great.
If gone for the day, I would leave on manual and just turn down to 60-65, and when you come home, turn up to 70
or whatever pleases you. Unit holds 4 bags (160 lbs). That will go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.